Dr SOUMYA GHOSH
MD, MRCPsych, Dip. In Clinical Psychiatry, Diploma in Health Research
Dr. Soumya Ghosh is a Consultant Psychiatrist with Cambridgeshire & Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust. He completed his Psychiatric training in the United Kingdom.
Apart from being a member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (United Kingdom), Soumya has acquired Diploma in Clinical Psychiatry (Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons, Ireland) and Diploma in Healthcare Research (University of Leeds).
Soumya worked in various subspecialties in Psychiatry and gained a wide range of experience in assessing and managing people presenting with various Psychiatric problems.
Soumya worked in general medicine. He brings his knowledge and experience of general medicine into Psychiatry in order to understand complex medical and psychiatric problems and to devise a comprehensive management plan.
Soumya is a Trainer for junior doctors in Psychiatry in addition to his role as an Undergraduate Tutor for the students from the University of Cambridge. He also trains other professionals in Psychiatry. He enjoys the challenges of the teaching and training role as this helps keeping himself up to date with new developments in his specialty.
Soumya assesses and treats the following conditions:
• Psychotic Disorders (e.g. Schizophrenia)
• Mood Disorders (e.g. Bipolar Affective Disorder, Depression)
• Anxiety Disorders (Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Panic Disorders, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Social & other Phobias)
• Alcohol related Disorders
• Psychiatric treatment for Pain Management
• Adult Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
• Neurodevelopmental Disorders (e.g. Autism, Learning Disability)
• Neuropsychiatric Disorders (e.g. Epilepsy, other medical conditions)
He also sees people with complex psychiatric problems who have Neurodevelopmental disorders (e.g. Autism, Learning Disability), Neuropsychiatric disorders (e.g. Epilepsy) in addition to other Psychiatric problems.
Assessment and treatment of complex psychiatric presentations where a high level of specialised expertise is required to untangle various problems and manage them.
His main aim is to bring to his patients evidence based and up to date medical treatment tailored to their individual requirements.