Otolaryngologists, more commonly known as Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) surgeons, deal with the diagnosis, evaluation and management of conditions around the head and neck. They are primarily concerned with the ears, nose and throat.
In particular, ENT specialists will help you to cope with or recover from diseases that impair the senses of hearing and balance, as well as with the functional aspects of breathing, eating and speech.
Most of the conditions that an ENT specialist will deal with can be treated by medication or minor-invasive surgery.
- Head and neck: benign or malign tumours of the nose, sinuses, mouth and throat
- Otology: treatment of disease or trauma to the ears
- Rhinology: treatment of nose conditions and sinus disorders
- Laryngology: treatment of the larynx and associated diseases
- Paediatric otolaryngology: treatment of common ENT disorders in children such as ear infections, tonsillitis or adenoid infections, airway problems and sinus disorders.
At Avicenna Clinic, we have a team of skilled consultants to deal with your ear, nose and throat problems. We work to achieve a quick diagnosis and identify the right treatment plan for you.
ENT treatment options include:
Mr Asad Qayyum
Mr Asad Qayyum is a consultant otologist/paediatric and general ENT surgeon with specialist interests in sleep disorders, voice disorders, allergy/nasal/sinus problems, sinus surgery, nasal surgery, throat/swallowing problems and neck lumps diagnostics.
Asad completed his junior ENT training at St Mary’s Hospital, London before being appointed as a specialist registrar in ENT on the East of England training scheme. He has undertaken research on the genetics of hearing loss and spent a year at the Sanger Genome Institute in Cambridge.
Asad was appointed as the International Otology Fellow at the Royal Darwin Hospital, Australia where he specialised in advanced stage ear problems. He has since spent time on the Otology Unit at Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge.